5/16/2008

Gore Vidal- Removal of Magna Carta a Coup d'Etat

democracynow.org

AMY GOODMAN: And so, here we are, moved into the sixth year of the war with Iraq, longer than the US was involved in World War II.

GORE VIDAL: Yes, incredible. That was such a huge operation on two great continents against two modern enemies. And we're fighting little jungle wars for no reason, because we have a president who knows nothing about anything. He's just blank. But he wants to show off: ‘I'm a wartime president! I'm a wartime president!' He goes yap, yap, yap. He's like a crazed terrier. And look where he got us.
I didn't realize-I think I've always had a good idea about my native land, but I didn't think that institutionally we were so easy to overthrow, because it was a coup d'etat, 9/11.

Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment