6/16/2008

the nightmare

I wrote this quite a while ago. Must have been reading Lovecraft at the time. The first part was composed while asleep, then I woke up and had to finish it. I thought that was pretty weird but have found out later that it wasn't all that uncommon, though it was the only time it happened to me.

click talk
behind the lock
of that evaporating clock
sits a jewel of fine precision
to be sure

slip slop
the faces slide
through the fabric of divide
as this lady
through this dream
screams through to me

"this scepter has been hung
above the string you walk along
this rugs an old cats-cradel
that's been stepped on

o can't you see i need you
it's important that i feel you
through this black-thrown highway nightmare
as my fingers start a blood trail

eternity rejoicing
some other dream
some other place
days running down
your face"

No comments:

Post a Comment