10/10/2009

ClubOrlov: Obama Wins Gorbachev's Peace Prize


Needless to say, the web was awash with comment about Obama's winning of the peace prize. I can't say that I bothered to read any of it. It was all rather predictable- a scanning of the headlines was enough to get the idea where people were coming from. Then I came across this one which I found interesting...

And while at the site read the author's "closing the collapse gap" where he parallels the decline of the Soviet Union with what he sees happening to the U.S.

I've said it here before: Obama is the new Gorbachev, the smiling face behind the crumbling imperial façade, the personable, non-threatening loser. Gorbachev got his Nobel Consolation Prize in October 1990; a little less than a year later the USSR was no more and he was unemployed.

ClubOrlov: Obama Wins Gorbachev's Peace Prize

No comments:

Post a Comment